The Ultimates Vol. 3 Collection

My The Ultimates 3 Complete 5-series-collection


Last September I have completed this year’s Marvel comic series: The Ultimates [Vol.] 3, written by Jeph Loeb and the artworks were greatly done by the super stars Joe Madureira (pencils) and Christian Lichtner (digital paints). I thought their collaboration was awesome! Jeph Loeb is the current writer of many Marvel and DC series and also written episodes of Smallville. He wrote the series with a lot of twists and mysteries and there I also learned that the dinosaurs in Savage Land was not made by Magneto but by his daughter Wanda (Scarlet Witch) after being outraged by James Logan(Wolverine) when he stabbed Pietro(Quicksilver), her brother to the chest using his super-sharp Adamantium claws! Loeb really made the history of Savage Land in this series, how Eric Lensherr (Magneto) got there, established his kingdom and etc.


The Ultimates 3 Issue 5 Tripple-Spread Front and Back Cover

The series not only contain very nice story but it also gave a lot of visual impact through the works of the super-star tandem of Joe Madureira and Christian Lichtner. JoeMad has developed his works ever since he left Marvel in late 90’s and pursued his dream in game-character development and designs. I remember his works before when I bought several issues of X-men, Uncanny X-men back in 90’s and even before I thought his arts we’re awesome (I haven’t seen his Battlechasers series before and after surfing the net and saw the arts it also gave me thrills)! After years of disappearance in the comics industry he made a ground-breaking comeback after doing the Ultimates 3, a 5-issue-series! His art has enormously developed and made me pee in my pants (kidding)! The visual presentation of the comic book series has added my interest to completely collect the run because also of the extreme digital paint talent of The Lightner (Christian Lichtner as JoeMad preferred calling him)! Chris is one of the “Liquid” team who gave great colouring works before in several comic titles.
In addition to the issues that I have completed, I also got a limited edition black and white variant copy of issue 1. It was the last stock when I found it in the shelf and immediately grabbed it before anyone gets it first! The variant black and white has two cover designs to choose, the heroes and the villains. I got the villains one since it was the only one left. This is issue is pure awesome! Because it is pure JoeMade pencil works!


The Ultimates 3 Issue 1 [Black and White Variant] Tripple-Spread Front and Back Cover

How I wish JoeMad would do another series in Marvel.
0 comments:
buy posters and art prints

My Portfolio

Recent Posts


Subscribe Now: Art Of The Dreamkeeper Blogsite